How to connect Travitor to Bamboo HR
You can now easily connect your Bamboo HR site to the Travitor Learning Management System. This short guide will walk you through the steps needed to do so:
- As an admin, go to Settings
- In Settings, go to Integrations
- Select Bamboo HR - Manage
- Enter your Bamboo URL in the Bamboo HR URL field (if my bamboo URL is acme.bamboohr.com, I would just type in "acme", Travitor fills in the rest)
- Select any fields that you want to automatically create learning Groups in Travitor
- Hit Save Changes - at this point you'll be directed to log into Bamboo HR to complete the connection
- That's it! Within a few minutes, user information including status will sync from your Bamboo site to Travitor.
note: Travitor requires a work email for user identity and notifications, users without a "work email" set up in Bamboo will not sync to Travitor.
Selective User Sync Setup:
If you want to only sync certain users or sets of users from Bamboo to Travitor (by default all users will be synced), you'll need to follow these advanced instructions carefully:
Create an access level in Bamboo that only has access to the employee profiles that you'd like to sync to Travitor. This would best be done by filtering the access level to only have access to certain Departments, Divisions, and/or Job Titles depending on how you have those set up in Bamboo.
Then the employee that's in that Access level would need to set up the integration following steps 1-7 above.
To disconnect the sync (for example if you set up normally and want to switch to Selective User sync)
To disconnect the Bamboo-to-Travitor feed, go to /settings/integrations/bamboo-hr and simply update your Bamboo HR URL to an incorrect URL.
For example, if your established connection is for acme.bamboohr.com, update it to acmedisconnect.bamboohr.com and save the changes, this resets the sync and will not work until a new working URL is entered and saved.
After disconnecting, you'll want to follow the Normal or Selective setup above to re-establish the connection.